Professional Member Application Summary
Please allow the blue loading bar to load completely to the end of the player to prevent
a choppy video. Clear your browser
cache and cookies if necessary.
A Professional Member is an individual who has met the academic and experience requirements for engineering or geoscience and is then registered as a P.Eng. or P.Geo. (or dual).
The requirements you must meet to become registered as a Professional Member are:
• Academic requirement
• Experience requirement – a minimum of 4 years of experience, which includes one year of acceptable referenced Canadian equivalent experience
• Good character and reputation
• Permanent Residence status in Canada or Canadian Citizenship
• English Language Competency
• Successful completion of the National Professional Practice Examination (NPPE)
You may apply for Professional Membership when you have 48 months or more of engineering/geoscience experience.
You are not required to have the one year of Canadian experience at the time of your application (you may gain the Canadian experience during and/or after the application and review process).
When an individual applies for professional membership the application goes for review, after which it goes to the APEGA Board for a final decision.
The Board may rule that the individual is fully qualified for registration or it may assess the applicant technical examinations and/or additional experience.